Fire. Glass. Art. Music. Third Fridays at Third Degree Glass Factory are HOT!
Every Third Friday between 6 - 10pm. Glassblowing & Beadmaking demonstrations. Discover local artists and see new exhibits in the East Gallery. Shop for unique items created by TDGF glass artists.
Live music begins at 8pm.
Never a cover charge.
Sign up at the education table beginning at 5:45pm and make a paperweight, beads, fused jewelry, or a night light.
Stop for a drink before or after dinner in the CWE. Or have dinner at Third Degree - small plate dining served up by My Chef Heidi or Food Trucks. Third Fridays are the perfect date night or family-friendly fun night. Cash bar. Wheelchair-accessible.
June 21, Third Friday Party, 6-10p FREE
Fire up those engines. Cool cars and hot glass spark it up at Third Friday. Join local car clubs and shift into an "auto"matic evening of cars and art.
Car show? See Car Club Classics parked on the lawn. See car themed art in the gallery.
Watch artists demonstrate the ancient art of glassblowing. Note: For the hearing impaired, sign language interpreters from SLCC-FloValley's program will sign during glassblowing demonstrations.
Frostbite Gourmet Ice Cream. Chillax with FREE tastes that celebrate Summer of Sangria.
Drink of the Month: Mmmojitos.
Lucky Art Lotto. Buy a beverage. Get a free raffle ticket for selected glass pieces created at Third Degree. Win and you take it home.
Chef Heidi returns. Menu: TBA. No reservations needed. Eat in gallery or in the courtyard.
Make your own creations! Sign-ups begin at 5:45 at the Education Table and are first-come, first served. Completed projects will be available the following Wednesday.
- Cute as a bug! Fused bugs. $25, any age.
- Paperweight $35, age 10 and up. 1-on-1 sessions limited.
- Glass beads $35, age 10 and up. 30-min private sessions are limited.
- Glass tile $25, any age.
- Fused glass pendant or earrings $25 or the set for $35. Night Light $35, any age.
Want More? Do your besties or family want Fab 4 togetherness? Book a Private Group session instead of a Third Friday activity so you can be together, make stuff and have fun.
Wine Bottle ReDo. Bring your fave regular-sized wine bottle - NO LABELS - and like magic we'll turn it into a glass platter for cheese or sushi. Regular wine bottles: $15. Extra cost for over-sized wine bottles. Ready for pick up the following week, Wed. - Sat., 10a - 5p.
Opening Exhibit: June 21 through July 16
Top Gear: Seed, Sport, Splendid. A regional juried exhibit showcasing the beauty and style of classic and classic-to-be cars. Brit Hits such as MGs, Triumphs, Morgans, Martins, Healeys, Jaguars and Rolls are of special interest. Artists: Bruce Lowry, Daniel File, Jennifer Weigel, John Barhydt, Larry Hassel, Marilyn Robinson, Mike Wyatt, Ryan Strong, Tony Carosella.
8p Rosewood Band. Known for their amazing three-part acoustic harmonies, Rosewood plays the covers you know and love: Beatles, Rolling Stones, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, and others.
8p Spinning Hot. Those daring Fire Techs heat up the night.
Current Exhibit: Through June 18
1) Incorruptible Mystic: Amy Reidel. Employing digital radar imagery, geologic forms, and pop and religious iconography, this work investigates the inescapable human condition, including life and death, meaning and absurdity, and reason and religion. Reidel received her BFA in Studio Art from the University of Missouri-St. Louis and her MFA from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. She exhibits regionally and nationally, including exhibits at the Amarillo Museum of Art, and the Center of Contemporary Art-Santa Fe. Reidel is an adjunct Assistant Professor of Art at St. Louis Community College and Saint Louis University and is on staff at the Saint Louis Art Museum.
2) New Works: SIU-Carbondale Glass Program. A glass-mash as SIU-Carbondale glass program students strut their stuff and show what they've been up to in the studios.
Hot Shots: Third Friday Faves
TGIF? Nothing like hot glass and cool entertainment.